Therapeutic Laser Therapy stimulates healing in injured tissues through the application of laser light. Therapeutic Laser Therapy has a solid track record for accelerating tissue repair while reducing inflammation and pain. More than 120 controlled clinical trials and 2,500 published papers support decades of worldwide clinical success. Defined as a therapeutic physical modality by the North American Association of Laser Therapy, this safe and effective form of phototherapy is used by physicians, physiotherapists and chiropractors throughout North America and Europe. Also known under various names such as soft, cold or low energy laser therapy, Therapeutic Laser Therapy is a type of low energy biostimulation therapy.
How does Laser Therapy work?
Therapeutic lasers supply energy in the form of a directed beam of billions of photons of light. Penetrating deeply into the soft tissue, the laser light is transformed into chemical energy within the cells. Physiological changes occurring as a result of changes in the permeability of the cell membrane stimulate the body to repair itself naturally. This process of biostimulation of the cell membrane not only decreases inflammation and pain, but increases natural tissue regeneration. The body naturally heals itself.
Benefits of Laser Therapy
Laser Therapy helps
- Reduce inflammation.
- Decrease swelling.
- Heal soft tissue injuries.
- Diminish or eliminate acute pain.
- Reduce chronic pain and discomfort.
Laser Therapy promotes
- Improved circulation.
- Improved nerve function.
- Accelerated tissue repair.
- Increased mobility and muscle function.
Laser Therapy successfully treats
- Acute and chronic pain.
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis).
- Soft tissue injuries, including sprains and strains.
- Tendonitis and bursitis.
- Muscle spasm and tension.
- Vertebral disc conditions.
- Sciatica, neuralgia, fibromyalgia.
- Post operative orthopedic, implants, fractures.
- Swelling and edema.
Call 514.937.6550 today to make your appointment.